There are a lot of sites where you can share or host documents online and many of them don’t need registration. My favourite has to be Ge.tt since it is one of the nicest looking and easiest to use of all of them. I use Dropbox for the integration with my laptop, but sometimes I am at school or am somewhere else where I don’t want to have to sign in and use my Dropbox account. That is when I use Ge.tt. Also, students can use it without having to sign up. Here is how it works:
- Go to Ge.tt and click on the blue button labeled ‘Upload files’.
- Select the file you wish to upload. Ge.tt will host almost any type of file, but works best with images and PDF documents.
- The Progress bar on the left will continue to give an indication on where it is at on the uploading. For image and PDF files, the box in the centre of the screen will show the file.
- At the top of the screen, there is a link at a link labelled ‘Copy link’. This is the link you can share with others.
- When people visit the link, they can view the image or PDF and download the file by clicking on ‘Download’.
- When you return to the page, there is an indicator on the left showing stats about the file including how many times it has been downloaded.
- If you would like to link to the image or file, right-click on the preview image and get the link from the dropdown menu.
- You can also add images or PDFs to that file by clicking on ‘Add files’. This makes a very nice slideshow style viewer that you can scroll through.