- Go to VideoMessageOnline and click on ‘Take me to Step 1’.
- If a box comes up to ask you to ‘Allow’ or ‘Deny’, click on ‘Allow’ to let the website use your webcam and microphone. If an image appears, then click on ‘Take me to ‘Step 2’.
- You will need to click on ‘Allow’ again to let the computer access your webcam and microphone. You will now see a live view of your webcam. Click on ‘Record’ to start the countdown to recording. You can record up to 2 minutes of video. When you are done recording, click on ‘Stop’. You can click on ‘Play’ to see the recording and if you want to do it again, click on ‘Re-record’. If you are happy with it, click on ‘Save’.
- You will be given a web address that you can click on once to make blue and then copy and save. Click on ” to reveal the embed html code you can copy and paste into your website. This video is only good for 30 days and you will not be able to download it.
- You can record another message by going directly to step three of these instructions and going to this link.
This has a lot of potential for the classroom. You can record video messages for the students, students can record messages for their classmates or for the instructor, students could record short interviews, and so on.
How would you see yourself using this in your classroom? Please leave any comments below, send me a tweet at @nathanghall, or email me using the form on this website. Thank you.