Have you ever wanted to have a simple discussion online without having to use Facebook or Twitter? Maybe you want your students to have a place to discuss things online with the option to comment on other people’s thoughts. Clunic is a dead simple tool to use that creates a discussion thread where you can make direct comments, comment on comments, and even rate comments without having to register. Here is how it works:
- Go to Clunic and type in your question or comment into the box (limit of 160 characters) and click on ‘start’.
- You are taken to a new page where you can comment on the original question by typing in the box and clicking on ‘submit idea’. You will be asked to give your name (can be an alias) and choose an avatar from the list before clicking on ‘save’. Your comment will now appear just below the empty box.
- There are a number of options here: you can rate the comment by clicking on the up and down arrows to the left of the comment; you can comment on the comment by click on ‘add comment’; or you can type in a new comment in the empty box and click on ‘submit idea’.
- The comments can be ordered by date or votes by clicking on the appropriate link just under the empty box.
- You can have others share in the conversation by sharing the URL at the bottom of the page. Just click on ‘copy’ to copy to the clipboard.