Yesterday, I wrote about a Clunic, a way for people to discuss a topic online without needing registration. Solvr is a similar tool that allows people to present problems and then allows others to share their comments, problems, and solutions on the discussion thread without needing to register. Here is how it works:
- Go to Solvr and type in the problem you would like to discuss into the box in the centre of the page. Click on ‘Start’ to open the new discussion page.
- On the next page, the problem appears at the top of the page in a red box. Click on the ‘Add entry’ link just below the problem to add an idea, problem, or comment. The new entry is related to the entry just above it. Choose the type of entry from the dropdown menu in the green box and enter your comment in the empty box before hitting ‘Send’.
- You can add a new entry to any other entry by click on the ‘Add entry’ just below that text.
- If you like the comment, you can click on the star beside that entry and it will get one vote.
- You can edit a comment by clicking on edit beside the entry and making your changes.
- You can delete an entry by clicking on the ‘X’ beside the entry.
- You can minimize a thread of entries by clicking on the ‘-‘ on the top entry of that thread. You can click on a ‘+’ to maximize it.
- At the top of the page is the unique URL of the page. Share this with others you would like to have participate in the discussion.