- Go to Rooh.it and paste or type in the web address of the page you want to highlight. The box to paste in appears at the top of the page next to the Rooh.it logo. Click on the blue arrow to go to the page.
- Alternative: Type in rooh.it/ before the web address in your browser to go directly to the page to highlight without visiting the Rooh.it page.
- Alternative: Drag the bookmarklet to your bookmark toolbar and click on the link when you want to highlight a page you are on.
- Once you are taken to the page you want to highlight, click and drag your mouse over the area you would like to highlight. The section will go yellow and a URL will appear at the top of the window.
- Hover over the highlighted area and a blue box will appear. You can type in tags into the tag box and comments in the comment box. Click on ‘Save’ to save the comments and tags.
- Click on the shortened URL at the bottom of the page to copy or share to a number of social networks. You can also change the URL name to make it easier to remember. Click on ‘Save’ to save your changes.
- Click on ‘History’ at the bottom of the page and then click on ‘View my highlights collection’ to see all your highlighted items.
This is a really nice tool to curate information for research purposes. By keeping the annotations in a single collection, students can research items and then share what they find with others. If you have any comments to make, please share them in the comment section below, send me a Tweet at @nathanghall, or email me using the contact page on this website. Thank you.