Doodle is a great registration-free event planner and scheduler that can be a handy tool for teachers. It can be used to find the best time to do something or to schedule appointments for one-to-one conferences or online instruction. Here is how it works:
- Go to Doodle.com and click on ‘Schedule an event’.
- Type in your title, location (optional), description (optional), name, and email address. If you don’t want to give your real email address, put in a fake email address, but be aware that you may not be able to see the results (depending on the options you choose). Click on ‘Next’ when you are done.
- Choose the days you would like to schedule. Click on ‘Next’ when you are done.
- Enter in the times you are available for each day. You can add more time options by clicking on ‘Add further time slots’. You can also copy the information from the first row by clicking on ‘Copy and Paste First Row’. Click on ‘Next’ when you are done.
- If you only want to create a poll on which time everyone is available, just click on ‘Next’. If you want to schedule appointments, click on ‘Settings’ and then click on ‘Participants can only click on one option’ and also ‘Limit the number of participants per option’ and set the number to 1. You can also choose to hide the names and results to the participants by clicking on ‘Hidden Poll’. Once you are done, click on ‘Next’.
- Click on ‘Finish’ to get the addresses. You now have access to the ‘Participation Link’ and the ‘Administration Link’. If you used a real email address, you would also get these in an email along with emails from the participants when you make their choices. If you didn’t give your email, make sure you keep these addresses since this is the only way to get access to the poll.
Here is a video on how to use Doodle as a scheduler:
Please feel free to add your comments or send me a tweet at @nathanghall. Thank you!