Scheduling appointments or projects with students can be a problem. A simple way to find a good time meet or have a task completed is to use an online calendar. NeedToMeet is a simple way to find a good time to meet without having others need to register. Here is how it works:
- Go to NeedToMeet.
- Enter in the meeting title on the first line and select a length by clicking not the ‘Duration’ drop-down menu (you can select in 30 minute intervals).
- Choose a place to meet by typing in the location name.
- Once you have chosen the location, type in the instructions or other information in the ‘Details’ box before clicking on ‘Select times’.
- You are now given a day-timer type of calendar in which you can click on times to make them go orange in colour. Above the calendar, you can also select to have a ‘One time meeting’ or ‘Recurring meeting’. One time changes allows you to choose specific times and dates, where as the recurring option gives a single dateless calendar. Once you have chosen a time and date, click on ‘Invite Attendees’ to create your links.
- Click on ‘Copy and Paste’.
- On the next page, you are given two URLS: one to share (‘Attendee Link’) and one for you to check on responses and make changes (‘Administrative Link’). Make sure to copy and keep both addresses.
- When users go the meeting URL, then can see all the information and options. They type in their name and then select their times from the spaces on the calendar before hitting submit. They are then taken back to the information page and can see a list of the options selected by them and others. If they want to change their answer, they need to select their name from the calendar, type in their password, and make the changes.
Have you used NeedToMeet before? How well did it work for you? I love getting feedback so please add a comment below, send me a Tweet at @nathanghall, or email me using the contact page on this website. Thank you.